Your first visit to Wellington Dental establishes a vital foundation for our relationship with you.
During the first visit we make sure to obtain important background information, like your medical history and give you time to know your doctor.
To understand what to expect for your first visit please read through this page. You’ll find all the practical information you need, such as map and directions to our office, office hours, payment policies and more.There’s also background information about our committed Doctors and staff and our first visit procedures.
At Wellington Dental we don’t just treat teeth, we treat people, by providing individualized treatment plans for a lifetime of dental health.
To fulfill this mission we are committed to:
- Listening to our patient needs and concerns
- Earn the trust and respect of our patients, profession, and community
- Exceed your expectations
- Ensure a Professional and compassionate environment.
- Strive for continuous improvement at all levels.
Your first visit will take a little longer than a normal check-up. Please bring a list of all medications you are taking. You will be asked to fill out a “New Patient Form” to ensure we are aware of your medical and dental background and any special treatment you may require.
During your first visit we will review your medical and dental history and give you a Comprehensive Oral Examination. Digital X-Rays may be advised to help us properly assess your oral health. The examination is non-invasive and helps us look for any signs and symptoms of oral disease.
Your initial examination will include:
- Oral Cancer Screening
- Cavity Check
- Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Assessment to assess function
- Orthodontic Assessment
- Periodontal Health Assessment including gum measurements to check for signs of periodontal disease
- Development of a Lifetime Treatment Plan to promote your optimum oral health.
Dental Insurance is a contract between the dental patient and the respective insurance company. We would be more than happy to assist you with submitting your insurance claim. We are able to electronically submit claims for most insurance plans.